Sunday, January 08, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

Always On Watch has tagged me with the latest germ being passed around the blogosphere--the Childhood Meme.

My life as a child (under 15) in 50 words or less: I was the third out of three girls. A pain in the ass to my sisters, no doubt. I'm very grateful to them for letting me live cause had they done the same to me, I probably would have smacked them upside their heads. I was such a brat.

Where were you a kid? Silver Spring, MD... inside the beltway, btw.

Given the choice, were you barefoot or shoed [sic]? Barefoot whenever possible.

Were you a city kid or a country kid? Suburban, a couple of miles from the D.C. line.

Stupidest thing you did before the age of 15: Gee, so much to choose from. Hmm...I browbeated Big Sister (who's like 5 years older) to take me out rolling (toilet-papering a house) with her and her friends for her high school homecoming duties (she was a cheerleader--they hit the football players houses). She did one round without me and then returned to the house. When the gal who was supposed to pick her up to do more didn't show, I was allowed to go with to do her house. Well, apparently no one ever gets to finish her house cause her neighbor always catches them and calls the police. A cop came, caught my sister's best friend's younger sister (tho older than me) and threatened to take her to the police station if the rest of us didn't come out. Being I was only 10, I thought he was really going to do it so I came out of my hiding space. Big Sister was like, "oh shit, now I have to come out because my little sister did." The funny part is that he took us to my folks' house, who were away on vacation having left my sister in charge. The cop insisted on calling them. There wasn't a phone in their room so the manager of the hotel had to wake them. My mother was PISSED. She was like, "Is anyone hurt? (No) Are the people whose house they did pissed? (No, they were thrilled someone finally finished and decided to leave it up til the morning) Then get out of my house." And I think she hung up after that, lol. We tease my mom all the time that she's great when the big things happen but G-d forbid you forget to bring up the paper towels when she asks.....

Do you know how to play Kick the Can? Yes, but never really did it.

What else did you play in groups? Swim team, basketball.... and I believe I always played Sabrina in a game of Charlie's Angels.

Worst injury? I would say when I fell down on glass and got stitches. That was probably worse than when I fell off the skate board and skinned my knee (still have that scar too) cause I thought the knee pads I had weren't cool enough to wear.

Do you agree with Bob Seger’s line in Against the Wind, “I wish I didn’t know now what I didn’t know then”? I prefer reality these days to the fantasy world I lived in as a kid.

I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to do it, feel free to say you're going to and leave a link here for everyone to check it out.

5 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger elmers brother said...

Naughty Naughty!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

I am into reality myself as well.
I think.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Esther,
You're so nice not to have tagged someone else. I was so stunned at being tagged by Gates of Vienna that I never though not to tag someone else.

I guess that I just wasn't very naughty--I never had any run-ins with the police. Of course, I didn't have any siblings to get me into trouble.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger cube said...

Sounds like you were quite the rascal. I was a brat, but I never got in trouble with the law.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger L said...

Will somebody please educate me about this "tag" business?

How does it work? What's the etiquette?

BTW my top tip for bloggers is to check whether the Word Verification is legible before typing out a comment. I had a good one today - VADISH. It's the closest I've had yet to a real word.

I am tempted to switch it off on my blog and see how bad the spam actually gets...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home