Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Israeli Humor

Received this in an email. Made me giggle.

As the El Al plane settled down at Ben Gurion airport, the voice of the captain came on: "Please remain seated with your seat belts fastened until this plane is at a complete standstill and the seat belt signs have been turned off. We also wish to remind you that using cell phones on board this aircraft is strictly prohibited."

"To those who are seated, we wish you a Merry Christmas, and hope that you enjoy your stay.....and to those of you standing in the aisles and talking on your cell phones, we wish you a Happy Chanukah, and welcome back home."

9 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Batya said...

that's it
most Israelis think that rules are made for others

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

Being able to find humor in one's self is a sure sign of maturity ...

Did ya' hear the one 'bout the camel train, the jihadist bomber and the ...?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Hehehe.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

LOL
Batya,
"most Israelis think that rules are made for others"

In this respect Italians are similar.

The traffic in Rome and Tel Aviv are is chaotic (in Rome on much larger scale).

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Often I find myself laughing at something I see at work. My perplexed friends ask what it so funny and my response is it is a Jewish thing.

The other day I had a petition from a woman whose name was Joo. Anyone who reads my blog know that we spell Jew Joooooo anytime we are dealing with far left bigots who play word games with Jew and Zionist.

I also had a good laugh when I saw the name Yushka on some papers. Yushka is the Jewish name for Jesus and not generaly used by Jews. This was the first time I ever saw it used as a proper name.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger (((Thought Criminal))) said...

I thought Yeshua or Joshua was the Hebrew name of Jesus.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...
Yep, that sounds about right.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

No that is coloquial hebrew the term used most often is Yushka.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home