Thursday, October 13, 2005

The ABCs of Failure

I hope that all who had to do so had an easy fast.

I've been wanting to write about this but haven't had the chance. I've spoken about the show, Commander in Chief before. I think I mentioned that the creator, Rod Lurie, was born in Israel. I've loved how almost every show has made reference to the Mid East conflict as well as AIPAC. His show is a HUGE hit. But it had the wrong demographics. Old people like it. So what has ABC done? They've replaced him. Kicked him off his own show. And replaced him with Steven Bochco of L.A. Law fame. I hope the ratings plummet.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Blogger Batya said...

I don't see the shows here, but I guess they don't realize how much money older people have. Or maybe they had the wrong sponsors. That's the important money to the networks.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"they don't realize how much money older people have."
I think they do but they try to "educate" rathere than deliver the news.
The shareholders have no direct control of these corporations staffed with people with hidden agendas.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Esther said...

You are so right, muse, as always. That is all they care about.

Gindy, only ABC would take a ratings hit and make a creator switch. Idiots.

felis, from what I've heard, people want "young" demos because they think older people are set in their ways and won't change what products they use. That's why they want to "get 'em while they're young." But I don't know any older person who wouldn't switch products if it promised more while costing you less. Their way of thinking is very outdated. I know, big shock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home