Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I've Been Hit with the 7 Things Meme

Grrr.... Mark snagged me. I won't be doing this to anyone else but if you want to do it, go ahead. Here are my answers.

7 things I plan to do before I die:

Spend time with my family
Return to Israel
See Australia
Learn Hebrew
Live by the ocean
Own a home
Make a difference in someone's life

7 things I can do:

Defend Israel in conversation
Play piano
Photography
Cook/grill
Answer almost any question about soap operas
Teach anyone from 6 months to over 70 to swim
Play Texas Hold'em

7 things I cannot do:

Sing
Drive without cursing
Hold my tongue when I see injustice
Stay out of trouble
Skydive
Watch TV without heckling
Stay employed for longer than 2 years at a time

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:

Sense of humor
Eyes
Intelligence
Way they dress
Smile
Love for animals
Things in common

7 things I say most often:

Yup.
That's some shit.
I like my iddy. (Elvis's word for ice cream)
Oy.
They interrupted my soap!
Who knocked that over?! (to my cats)
I love you.

7 celebrity crushes:

Mine are lame, aren't necessarily current and probably not known by most people...

Lane Davies
Greg Vaughan
Grant Goodeve (Loved Eight is Enough, so sue me)
Carl T. Evans
Scott Bryce
Paul Rudd
David Selby

7 people I want to do this:

Jump in anyone cause I'm not namin' names...

14 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Deadman said...

I forgot that you hate these, Makes up for the intense dislike I have for entering an assinine code evry time I want to comment. Thanks a bunch, you effing spammers!

;0)>

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Deadman said...

"play piano". Damn I'm jealous!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Mark, you are cracking me up! Effing spammers indeed.

Don't be too jealous. I iddn't say I play it well. ;)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Deadman said...

I can play the first twelve notes of "Smoke On The Water" on piano. That's iut. I used to know the opening notes of the theme from "The Godfather", but it's all a blur now.

Anyone who can play an entire song is a master in my book!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

'Smoke On The Water' is childs play. the hardest stuff to play on the piano are classical pieces.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Deadman said...

Hey, I wasn't exactly bragging there, DM - LOL!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Nice to read yours, but I'm not joining.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger L said...

Esther! You can cross off #7 in the stuff you plan to do before you die. No shit: blogging on to OtB has helped keep me sane during the GKR (Great Kitchen Rebuild) - also reading your comments on my blog.

Challenge for 7 things you can do:

Coronation Street: what is the correct term for the "cobblestones" which pave "The Street"?
Name of the brewers which supply the "Rovers Return"?

Mind you, you did say "almost any question"!

7 things I cannot do:

Read music
Listen to Wagner without getting outraged
Do things when they are meant to be done
Sing (anymore - too old and too many years smoking)
Enjoy domestic chaos (so really loving the GKR!)
Fart in public without embarrassment (should be part of growing old gracefully)
Operate a Dyson vacuum cleaner without swearing

Too tired and smelly to tackle another list...

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Haha, thanks Mark!

Thanks gindy. Me too. That's why I never tag anyone but I try to be a sport and answer 'em... when I remember.

DM, true enough. I wrote a short song when I was like 10. I still remember how to play that one but very little else except this one classical piece whose name escapes me. Mom?

LOL batya. no problemo.

RM, thanks for your sweet words. Btw, I knew I should have put American soaps and not just soaps. As for the brewers, I think it's either Newton and Ridley or J W Lees and Co -- but I think it's the former. The cobblestones are a little hard for me.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Esther,

You are becoming an expert with these memes!!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't just post something like that and not fill us all in on how you're doing?!!? OK, headed over to Thoughts by Seawitch to see if you've posted how your house, etc., faired in Katrina!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Deadman said...

FFS, it's just a MEME, people, not the ebola virus I passed on!!!!
;op>

Hell. let's talk about that annoying word verification crap!!!

LOL

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger L said...

Esther, Newton & Ridley is correct! Cobblestones, strictly speaking, are sub-rounded - like naturally-weathered pebbles. The semi-dressed, squared-off stones used in older British streets are called "setts" or "sets".

Wot's a "meme"? Is it some sort of acronym, or wot? - Confused, Tunbridge Wells.

Word verification: very irritating! Strange font. Recently mistook j for i.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you ever do get to Australia, you have a place in Victoria to stay....Anytime at all.

Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home