Saturday, January 08, 2005

Chicken or the Egg?

It's really peeved me in the past to hear members of my government (or fellow citizens or annoying govt folk/princes from other countries) say that hatred against the US around the world is caused by our relationship with Israel. Seems like a convenient crock of crap from people who have their own anti-Israel agenda. A while back, I read an article that discussed said hatred of the USA. Is it tied to Israel?

But unlike most, this article took a fresh approach -- what if it's not Israel they hate but rather they hate Israel because of her being a staunch ally to the US? I wasn't blogging at the time but it's something I feel could use further examination. What do you all think? Read the article, "Eye of the Storm: What if it's not Israel they loathe?" by Amir Taheri on Naomi Ragen's site.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Anytime I hear the name Jack Straw in a story, my eyes roll as I wait for the next anti-Israel/anti-American statement to come out of his mouth. Can't stand that guy.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Esther said...

WELL SAID!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home