Monday, January 03, 2005

Two of my favorite animals have tales to tell

I wanted to share a couple of animal stories I found of interest today.

Cats. I love cats. And unless you live on a farm (and even then, I'm not convinced), it is my feeling your cat should be an indoor cat. Why did I come to this conclusion? Because I was told that their life expectancy drops dramatically otherwise. Think of it, they could get in a fight, killed by bigger animals, hit by cars, catch diseases, etc. Read this wild tale of a family coming around to my way of thinking.

Rescue workers try to turn trapped dolphins into survival story
In the midst of so much death, rescue workers recovering bodies of tsunami victims in southern Thailand were working hard Monday to keep two special survivors alive: a female dolphin and her calf swept into a small lagoon by powerful waves.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

Reminds me of the attempts to save the Prague Zoo animals a couple summers ago, when the city got majorly flooded. The huge zoo is right by the water.I think some animals didn't survive, and others had to be lifted out of the water with cranes.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Esther said...

I don't remember the Prague zoo incident, RW, but thanks -- I'm going to check it out! Thanks for another great tip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home