Friday, January 27, 2006

One Life, Many Voices For Hurricane Relief

Please read this post and even spread the word. One Life, Many Voices is a wonderful CD, a true labor of love that has been done by the actors on the soap opera, "One Life To Live," wanting so desperately to find a way to help. Everyone lent their voices for free, as did all aspects of production, lawyer fees, etc, all to raise money to help those affected by the hurricanes of 2005. So if you've been looking for a way to donate that could help our friends and loved ones down South, try this and get some beautiful music in return.

6 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might not be a fan of soap operas but I sure am now a fan of these people!

Thanks for letting me know about this Esther.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

At least some of the celebrities haven't forgotten.

Be sure and stop by as I put up a special post for Drummasters 18.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

Well I am not sure if they really mean it.
Most of these people are so empty headed it's scarey.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger (((Thought Criminal))) said...

I'm still pissed about Katrina charities. I damn near dropkicked my widescreen TV when FINALLY the MSM did a story last week (4 months later) on the people who were actually hit by the hurricane in Biloxi, MS. All the concentration on dumbass victims of Democrats in New Orleans and nothing on people who had their entire houses ripped off the foundations and tossed a mile away.

I've told you about my family members in Gulfport and Mobile that got their houses destroyed.

Grrr this shit pisses me off.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

Mr Beamish,
Seawitch, one of our blogging buddies lives in Biloxi.
She regularly post photos from the area.
Shocking.
http://smpw.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Cool, Boz! Very welcome.

I will head over now, Beak. Thanks!

Felis, while I can understand your cynicism, this time I don't think so. I talked with the one who spearheaded this and she was incredibly moved, overwhelmed by it all. And even if that wasn't the case, who cares? As long as the money gets to the people who need it.

I don't blame you, Beamish. The MSM has really let folks affected by the hurricanes down.

Felis, yep, Seawitch has been doing an incredible job with her coverage of the devestation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home