Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

In honor of the holiday, I will share with you all my own ghostly tale. When I lived in a NY apartment (that later had the fire), weird things would always happen. I was sitting at the computer, watching TV, when the climax of the movie was coming -- the TV suddenly shut off. I was nowhere near the remote, and neither was my calico. Strange. It happened another time. Also, when I would listen to my stereo, it would suddenly turn itself off. One weekend, a young friend came to stay with me. She has always been interested in ghosts. A few months later, I wrote her about the strange happenings in my apartment and she confessed that she had felt the spirit of a ghost there but didn't want to say anything. It was so strong, she almost left in the middle of the weekend. I asked her how to get rid of my ghost, and she suggested I tell it that it is my home now, not theirs, and could they please leave. I did what she said and I never had another incident.

Of course, a few months later the apartment building caught fire, but that was because of my crazy upstairs neighbor. Though whether she was related to my ghost... well... who knows.

9 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Esther said...

LOL!!!!!! You might have something there.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Esther,
"because of my crazy upstairs neighbor. "

Your crazy upstairs neighbour was just a TOOL (MEDIUM) for forces much more powerful than you can imagine.
Are you sure it did not affect you in any way?
Symptoms to watch for:
- one's head can turn around 360 degrees (and more)
- one can start speaking strange tongues unknown even to the speaker
- mirrors can crack for no apparent reasons
etc.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

The perfect story for a Halloween evening. Thank you!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Timothy Birdnow said...

Interesting post, Esther!

Read about my own experience with ghosts, here.

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spooky.

I have never seen a ghost or sensed ones presence...My mother tells me that you have to be open to it and not close yourself off to the possibility that they do in fact exist.

The day that I see one or sense one will be a revelation for me until then though I wait patiently!

Great Halloween story Esther!

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story esther! I'm going to share one of mine, though it may sound a little crazy. When I was about 8 or 9 my Dad was in Vietnam. We hadn't heard from him in a long while and I was worried about him. One night, an apparation or ghost appeared and told me he was okay. I was probably just dreaming. The next day, we received a letter from him.

First and last time anything like that happened to me.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

A belated BOO! ... to you!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger birdwoman said...

I think someone punked you with a covert Clapper...

(*)>

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Felis, you totally made me crack up.

Very welcome, AOW!

Thanks Tim. Will do.

Thanks Bozwell! You never know when the experience will hit you. Half of it is being aware and not shrugging it off as something else. ;)

Seawitch, that is very cool! When things like that happen, you can't help but believe something else is at work.

LOL Sarge.

BW, you made me LOL to the point I almost spit out my coffee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home