Monday, May 23, 2005

Could I Be More Tired?

Wow. Long day that started with Condoleezza Rice and ended with the leadership of both the House and the Senate. I promise to go into much more detail over the next several days (C-SPAN is going to show Condi shortly, if anyone sees this quickly). Sunday evening had Natan Sharansky, who was as inspiring as ever. Everyone was excited to hear Condi this morning. She was wonderful though I couldn't pinpoint anything that was said that was actually new, even though it's been said this was her first foreign policy speech on the Middle East. All day it was terrific to hear people pledge their commitment to Israel. This afternoon had an interesting panel discussion on how to win the War on Terror -- between Congresswoman Jane Harmon and Richard Perle, with Dan Senor as the moderator. Great stuff. Tonight, with Dennis Hastert, Nancy Pelosi, Bill Frist and Harry Reid (who announced to us all that the Nuclear Option/filibuster was now off the table), was great because it was encouraging to hear these four very powerful people explain why Israel is so important to them and to America. To be continued when I'm actually wide awake. And then I'll try to actually link to things so what I write can actually make more sense.

6 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Esther

You do know I lisk Sharnsky's book
Fear No Evil among my favorites.
There are funny sections in that book. I wonder if Commander Ossin
is still alive.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Did the US media show the Arabs going after Laura Bush during her Har HaBayit visit? It was very dangerous. The Arabs didn't appreciate the visit.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Esther said...

beakerkin, I didn't know you were that fond of Sharansky! That makes at least two of us, though I believe many more. :) As for Ossin, I don't know. Anyone?

batya, that is VERY interesting. Someone else here will tell you what has been seen in the media (since I've been out of commission in these meetings all day), but I can tell you that at the conference, I only heard people talking about the Jews (anti-disengagement folks) who were demonstrating. I was going to ask you about that (though I figured I'd probably just visit your fabulous blog and find out).

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

:)

When FN'C mentioned the acronym of the organization and Ms. Rice, I "thought" of you in the audience ... being able to be part of this discussion and history!

Cheers!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

God, speaking of the Jews, says "They that bless you, I shall bless; and they that curse you, I shall curse."

Certainly explains a lot of the pain and destruction, poverty and backwardness in the Arab states.

David, a king, not jewish, but my kids are. ( no wonder they are such good students)

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I couldn't pinpoint anything that was said that was actually new,"

I don't think she actually could say anything really new for political reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home