Sunday, February 13, 2005

Golda's Balcony

I saw this one-woman show in New York City on Broadway last May and again today in Los Angeles at the Wadsworth Theatre on Wilshire Boulevard. Tovah Feldshuh knocked it out of the park once again in her Tony nominated performance as Golda Meir. What was an added bonus this time was the sale of a DVD documentary (could be signed by Tovah) on the making of the play, including the extensive research Tovah did (interviews with key figures, the author, backstage preparing, etc.). Yes, I bought it. Can't wait to see it! Anyway, they've added more performances, so if you live in the area, I highly recommend you call right away and try to see it. The show will be touring eventually but not with Tovah -- instead it will have Patty Duke in the lead role.

5 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Don't you rock for even finding the name of it! I'm feeling unbelievably flaccid this evening and couldn't even drag my ass off the couch to look at the DVD and write the exact name of it. I'm pathetic. But it's Sunday. Not that it's a great excuse but... ;) OK, I'll stop now. Thanks for finding that Marty!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

I would like to see it. Can't right now though. And I'm endlessly jealous of Marty! "Good book? Ok, I'll order it. Good DVD? Here's my Amazon account!"
Oh well, like I said on gindy's blog, someone spiked my coffee.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Maybe Marty can put us on his account! ;)

RW... awwwww, you okay today? I relate to coffee problems but mine is I'm going cold turkey this week -- to see if I feel any better. I'm going to miss it though.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

Lol Marty. I've already cut down on coffee but I'm nervous about an upcoming date so I've had 4 mugs in a row so far today. Or maybe 5.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Hope the date goes well, RW!! Fingers crossed!

Marty, you are so sweet. I was kidding that I wanted you to bankroll my dvd/book purchases, lol.

And thanks for the coffee info. I'm really not a heavy drinker. I have one cup of espresso (with hazelnut coffeemate!--which is really what i love) every morning. That's it. But (and this might be more info that most of you need), I have acid issues and am not supposed to have caffeine. My boyfriend thinks decaf is a sacrilege and won't allow his precious machine to be contaminated (tho he did ask that I point out that he bought my favorite dessert for tonight, lest you all think he's a horrible person). Anyway, so that's the long way of saying why I have to go cold turkey. If I don't feel any different in a week, I'm putting the coffee back in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home