Monday, January 10, 2005

Men: Words to the Wise

OK, I promised on occasion I'd have silly or mundane posts. Here's one that fits that bill.

So I'm watching my soaps, and nothing peeves me more than seeing the guy lean into the girl to kiss her and what does he do first? LICK HIS LIPS. Dudes, that ain't hot. I know you think we want nice, moist lips heading our way... that's what lip balm is for. When you lick your lips, they're just wet. Now I know from experience that it isn't easy to break this habit. Ladies, if you want to know a great way to get your guy to kick that habit, I've got the plan. After complaining to my boyfriend several times (and having him feel horrible every time he forgot), I turned the tables on him. I licked MY lips. Boy, did that boy back off quick and exclaim, "I'm so sorry. I get it now." Case solved.

I've asked other women offline if that ever happens to them (and if it bothers them or was this just some weird peeve of my own), and they all squealed with discomfort. So online ladies, feel free to leave a comment if you agree or not. Guys -- read and learn.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger RoadKnight said...

LOL. My wife does that to me all the time. In our case, it's reversed rolls. But she knows I hate the lip balm even worse. I can't stand that "kissed by a slug" feeling.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Esther said...

OMG, I laughed so hard at "like a slug" comment that my boyfriend called me out of the room to ask what was so funny.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Haha American. Oooh---thanks for the reminder. M*A*S*H is on!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger renee said...

sorry, it so does not bother me unless they're slapping on a thick coat of spit, which is not acceptable. but generally i find the amount of liquid that is applied to the lip area is so small, a good portion air dries before you lock lips. also after i lock lips, spit is not the first, second, or fifth thing i'm thinking about. and he show nuff better not be cuz i iz good in the kissing department.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home