Saturday, July 08, 2006

Benjamin Hendrickson, Rest In Peace

I was away all week in Las Vegas, but while there, I heard of the sad, shocking passing of Emmy-award winning As The World Turns actor, Ben Hendrickson, who played Chief of Detectives Hal Munson for over 20 years. He was a theater actor who thought he was only signing on to play a 1-day role. But Ben was so much more. His quiet, heartfelt portrayal moved all who watched him.

He'd suffered horrible losses over the last few years -- his beloved mother and brother -- which probably played a large part in his taking his own life. Hopefully he is finally at peace.

6 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

I don't think I've seen Ben Hendrickson in anything at all.
As I mentioned many times I stopped watching TV in the early 80's.

Still very sad especially considering the circumstances.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

No doubt--after the personal losses Hendrickson experienced--he suffered from a form of depression.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Felis, the only thing he's done you may have seen was the Harrison Ford movie, Regarding Henry.

so true, AOW.

Yes, seawitch. :(

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

I've seen Regarding Henry.
I didn't like it all that much.
I like more realistic stuff, you know something like 'Conan' or 'Predator'.
Something I can relate to.
Don't remember him from the film.
Still, his career is not that important.
Depression is bad.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Esther said...

It was a small role, Felis. :) But you're so right about the career not mattering at that point...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home