Thursday, December 08, 2005

Show Your Love For Israel

Okay, our friends from outside the United States are off the hook BUT if you live in the US -- please consider this for how you spend March 5-7, 2006. On the right side of this blog is a link to the next AIPAC Policy Confernce. You have no idea how important your presence, not just your money, is there as a show of support for Israel. Let me explain why this is.

The conference is attended by so many of our congressmen and women, as well as our senators, and they need to see a strong showing of support for Israel. That means bodies in the hall. It's not enough to just send money. Your actual presence in the building is of vital importance. But trust me, you will get so much in return.

It is an overwhelming experience to be in a room with over 5,000 people who love Israel. Positively empowering. Add to that hearing speeches from people in power like Condoleezza Rice, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Ariel Sharon!

You will learn more about what's going on in the Middle East than you hear in the media (which I know isn't exactly hard). meet some incredible people and just have an all around amazing experience that I obviously can't recommend more. If you want to go, there is currently an early bird special ($100 off) of $399. I'm not sure when it turns to $499, but it will probably be reasonably soon. I hope that I'll see you there.

8 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Holy cow you saw this fast! I posted it a minute ago. :) Thanks for dropping by and commenting locutus of borg (great episode by the way). Are you a member of AIPAC? It's wild to me how many Americans have never even heard of this very worthwhile (and the true best friend to Israel in the US) organization.

So you've been to Israel a couple of times? I've only been once but it changed my life. What was your favorite part?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Man, I would love a job that would send me to Israel. Lucky!

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Esther,
Do you remembere you had a post a while ago about this "working holidays" in Israel.
Do you still have the link somewhere handy?
I told my wife about it and she is very keen to go (next year).

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Hey Felis,

Here is the first one, I think, with my experience: http://outsidetheblogway.blogspot.com/2005/06/volunteering-for-israel.html

Here's my friend Paul's: http://outsidetheblogway.blogspot.com/2005/05/volunteering-experience-in-israel.html

And to just go directly, I have Sar-El link on my blogroll to the right. I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to visit Israel and hope to sometime in the future.

I will try to add one of the links to my blog soon.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Cool, Jake! Thanks. And thanks for visiting and commenting. :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger birdwoman said...

I'm allergic to politicians. They're just so skeevy. Sorry, but asking me to pay to hang with them is just too much.

(*)>

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Esther.
This time I copy the links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home