Sunday, April 10, 2005

Thank You General Motors!

One of my favorite lines involves the LA Times -- asking how many times can I boycott something I've never subscribed to. Well, apparently I'm not the only one who is angered by their overwhelming bias (for me, it's about Israel). General Motors has pulled their advertising from the newspaper, which various reports say will be a loss somewhere between 10-20 million in revenue, because of what it calls "factual errors and misrepresentations in the L.A. Times' editorial coverage." This will surely hurt them because GM's the paper's largest advertiser by far. Thank GM yourself by clicking here. Hat tip to Join the Boycott.

4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

Why did I "read" that LAT story ... and think of "you?"

LOL

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Haha, SA -- that's awesome!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Tran Sient said...

I trust the Enquirer more than the LAT. Unfortunately, there are millions of people in LA that don't realize they are being served propaganda on a daily basis.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

Esther, as SA would say No News is Not Necessarily Good News.
But this not only News but also Very Good News.
Following your link I tried to express my gratitude to GM alas they rejected my submission attempts due to my un-American background.
Since I did not wish this incident to escalate into some major international diplomatic crisis I decided to let it go.

I read a few papers around the net but every time I tried LAT I was always amazed that Pravda by comparison appeared to be ultra conservative and well balanced.

I don’t think though the management of the LA Times will take much notice of any criticism – they remind me of hogs (or as you said once “kosher pigs”); The more they sink into mud the more they like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home