Thursday, February 24, 2005

Melissa Ethridge's Brave Comeback

Dateline's Stone Phillips interviewed Melissa about being diagnosed with breast cancer, the affect chemo has had on her body and appearing bald during her performance at the Grammys. To the latter point, I know her going bald meant the world to Big Sister. And from what I know about my sister's recovery, I'm sure Melissa was definitely an inspiration to many women dealing with breast cancer. You see, when Big Sister went bald to her first support group meeting, no one else had done the same. By the next meeting, a handful came bald, inspired by my sister's lead.

I found many similarities in Melissa's story. You should definitely check it out.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger renee said...

i won't deny i'm a big etheridge fan. okay i don't buy her cd's, but when she comes on the radio or i see her on tv, she's got me from the first note. so my opinion is probably biased. but i think she looked amazingly hot and sensual and bawdy with that bald head. i'm really happy for her cancer survivorship, but if you're listening m.e. keep the bald head. one other comment, am i the only person in this world who cannot understand why josh stone is so liked? she can't sing. and if you need a white girl singing r and b, listen to old teena marie and taylor dane tunes.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Esther said...

LOL renee. I didn't think Joss was all that either. Melissa blew her away!

gindy, you're so right. bump in the road... Big Sister has just gotten the go-ahead that she can have her reconstructive surgery on Monday. She is very excited. After that, all that's left is radiation (which is supposed to be much easier than chemo) every day for I think 6 weeks. So the light at the end of the tunnel is definitely within sight. Thanks for asking!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks to you both, Gindy and patrick. Much appreciated. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home