Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Am Angry

To my mind, if an American is killed anywhere in the world by a terrorist, the U.S. government should either take part in the investigation or contribute to the retalitory response. Daniel Wultz, from Weston, Florida, the American teenager who had been barely hanging on since being in the terrorist bombing that happened about a month ago in Tel Aviv, finally succumbed to his injuries (talk about the worst Mother's Day of all time). Granted, this is just one of many instances where Palestinian terrorists have killed one of our own. But enough already. I don't know how Israel can deal with this (and since I don't live/vote there, I won't presume to tell them how), but I'm sick of my own country putting up with it. It's about time we send troops into the territories ourselves, find any and all responsible and unleash a bit of biblical retribution on their asses. It is vile that we don't lift a finger.

There was a time during Rome's rule where every Roman traveling felt perfectly safe anywhere they were because it was known world-wide the price for harming a citizen of Rome -- Rome would have razed the entire village and then salted the earth. The U.S., as the only Super Power currently on earth, should be that way. It wouldn't need to be done often. Perhaps just once. And the world would be a better place for it.

Yes, I am angry.

15 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry for his family!

I read about the horrible things that the terrorists said: That he was the perfect victim because he is American and Jewish.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger elmers brother said...

that's awful. I will be praying for his family.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Every time the U.S. acts like a wuss, that lack of response serves to embolden the terorists.

Have you seen Jason's article about deterrence? It is here.

Good to see you blogging again, Esther! I've missed ya!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Spelling error

terrorists

Sheesh!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Esther

If and when you get a chance to do a Beakerkin interview let me know.
I have interviewed Communist, Jihadists, Scienists and an American contactor in Iraq.

Muslim Terrorists have killed Jews in Tunisia , Argentina and elsewhere. This flies in the face of the screeching left who is soooooo worried about anti Mooooslim sentiment.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

Every time the U.S. acts like a wuss, that lack of response serves to embolden the terorists.

Exactly.

It wouldn't need to be done often. Perhaps just once.
Now a then, people forget.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Just found this statistic:

According to the U.S. Embassy, more than 200 American citizens have been killed or wounded in terrorist attacks in Israel since 1992.

And what have we done???

Brooke, they were awful. But I guess that's why they're terrorists. :(

Me too, EB.

AOW, you are so right. Thanks for the link to Jason. I will check it out. And thanks. :) I've missed you and everyone else too. Hopefully, I'm back in the groove but we'll see.

Beak, we'll take this to email. :)

Felis, so true. Little reminders from time to time will probably be needed.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

So sad, and the radio announcer was so matter-of-fact about it. Thank God his father wasn't badly hurt.

(BTW, thanks for the mazel-tov :) )

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

Oh! There is Felis... (hope he doesn't mind having been found).

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

No RW I don't mind at all.
I just had too many nasties following me around and so I changed my personality.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger (((Thought Criminal))) said...

Civis Americanus sum.

Im the days of the Roman Empire, telling a barbarian that you were a Roman citizen meant something. It meant "harm me and the Roman Empire will destroy you and your people."

But, we're more "civilized" now.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger cube said...

I'm angry too. I'm angry that I only heard about this poor boy on the Internet. Where was the coverage & where was the outrage for the death of another American?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I heard about this from Rick's blog - apparently he'd met Daniel's father; Rick is from Weston, too.

Every time something like this happens, I'm infuriated at the terrorists who would do things like this every day without even thinking- and at those who ignore or make excuses for those same terrorists. How many kids like Daniel will have to die before the world realizes the evil of terror.

We must win this fight.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Esther said...

RW, I was shocked to say the least, lol! Very cool news from you!

Beamish....exactly.

Cube, it is pitiful that this hasn't been bigger news in the states.

RR, I was wondering!!! What is with all the blog hijackings lately? Scary stuff.

Rebekah, thanks for the link. You are absolutely right! We must win. We have no other change.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Forget about blaming the terrorists, they get away with it, because nobody cares! Honestly, where's the outrage from the Jewish community, from civil rights leaders?

Just like 65 years ago, nobody will do anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home