Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Supporting Israel

Last summer, I volunteered a couple of days (because I was too old to qualify to be a participant) to help out a wonderful program that was started by some in the Hollywood community who actually wanted to do good by Israel. It is called Jewish Impact Films. They had 20-30 young aspiring filmmakers being tutored by industry folks on how to make 30-60-second films that are pro-Israel. They inspired me to try this myself, hence why I recently bought my MAC laptop.

While many of them went out to shoot their own material, one guy made a very moving film with just materials he had in his computer and could access on the net. His dedication and his final product moved me a great deal. It is called MLK. I hope you will check out this one as well as the others. This was a grassroots effort done by people who realize Israel could use some help in getting the word out there about how great she is.

Tomorrow I will debut my first attempt -- the emphasis on first, so be kind. Keep in mind, the kids at Jewish Impact Films are far more advanced and talented than myself. Is that enough disclaimers? Nah, they'll be more tomorrow.

12 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Esther said...

I did but now I need to figure out how to let people on PCs view it. I gave a friend a sneak perview and she couldn't see it. So I ran to my office and checked it out on my desktop PC and I couldn't see it either, only on my MAC. I'm very depressed. Anyone have any ideas?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

Esther, what format is your production? (... i.e. .mov, .wmf)

Perhaps Winbox users just need an appropriate "player" or plug-in?


... not tryin' to "sound" like I know what it is that I'm typin' about! ;)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

OBTW, MLK is a "slick" production and end product!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks Sarge. It's .mov format. Which should play on quicktime, which I have on both machines. But for some reason, it won't play on the PC. :(

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Esther do you want to send it (your movie) to me?
I could have a look and let you know straight away.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Esther said...

This is the error people get, "Drifting 02 file missing..."

felis, I'll email you straight away. Thanks!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

The MLK one is really touching, I can't wait to watch the rest.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Esther said...

OK, who has a MAC so I can see if it's only MACs who can see it or if it's just because it's on my hard drive that I'm able to see it? Help. :)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger SEAWITCH said...

Esther,

MLK was great. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am looking forward to seeing yours tomorrow.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Esther said...

I don't think anyone will be seeing mine tomorrow, sadly. :( I still have a lot to learn about getting it online. Not sure I'm going to have the storage space either, once I do get it on. Sorry guys.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Sounds really great!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Internal Medicine Doctor said...

great film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home