Monday, March 14, 2005

Saving Milly

Just wanted to say that I was very moved by last night's CBS movie-of-the-week, Saving Milly. This was a love story based on the book of the same name that was written by Roll Call's Mort Kondracke, one of Fox News' Beltway Boys. I've watched Mort for many, many years. His daughters went to a rival high school. Milly was one of the first high profile people to put a face on Parkinson's Disease in an effort to raise more funds for research. She formed a friendship with Michael J. Fox, often helping to inspire him during tough times. Watching Mort come to terms with his demons and then help her with her brave fight was inspiring and heartbreaking. If you missed the movie, you can still read the book. And of course, you can always donate money.

5 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Welcome, Ron! Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, I grew up in the DC area too -- good ol' Montgomery County public school system (which apparently didn't do right by Andrea Kondracke). Fred has been an incredible friend to Mort, which he obviously needed. What a great pair.

Of course you can link to my blog -- thank you! I've linked to yours too. Gotta tell you, I read your comment out loud to my boyfriend, and we cracked up at you calling me conservative. I've been resisting that label since I've been a democrat all my life but I certainly do seem to leave that impression these days. ;)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Esther said...

No rush, Regular Ron. Thanks!

I can get behind "common sense" -- I like that! I'm trying to shed any political labels but I like that "common sense" one. :)

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught part of the movie and also found it very moving.

As for labeling you, I,m sticking with "Bible Babe." While I've had my disagreements with you over some stuff, I, like Ron, always count on you for a common sense approach to the issues. I hope you don't mind, but I linked you on my site several weeks ago.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Bible Babe always makes me giggle. And we agree on the really important things, I think -- the big picture items. And even when we don't, it's always civilized, which is why I appreciate you so.

Of course I don't mind the link! I saw it on Noble Savage either yesterday or today and I've added you too. :) I kept trying to go to your site before and was having a hard time loading each time -- and then realized I had the wrong link. D'oh! But alls good now. :)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Esther said...

It's actually je ne sais quoi, which literally means, "I don't know what" -- meaning... that certain something...that mysterious element...yadda, yadda, yadda.

lol patrick. is this a tradition of blogging to give people a nickname like this? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home