Friday, March 04, 2005

The Most Dangerous Game...

I just read an article about Indonesia urging their foreign critics to respect a court decision where they sentenced a radical Muslim cleric to only 30 months in jail for his involvement in the 2002 Bali bombings and acquitted him of more serious terrorism charges. This makes my blood boil. And then I think of Israel and their practice of targeted assassinations of terrorists... So I wonder, okay, what if after 30 months in jail, this guy walks out of the jail and...well... is shot dead? What if many of these terrorists were suddenly hunted down in various countries and killed? Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating it. But the Palestinians have been going ape shit since Israel started targeting their terror leaders. Do you think it could serve as any kind of deterrent?

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Esther said...

I would be fascinated to see what happens if this did become a "policy." Though I'm sure many would have a huge problem with it. Normally I'd be one of those people but it's a different world now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home