Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Another Bad Sign

Abu Mazen has a lot on his plate. He needs to stop anarchy in the street, and he needs to get the terrorists to stop their attacks on Israel. He has so much to take care of but what do you think was the top issue he's concentrating on? One of the most heinous crimes possible for a Palestinian -- "collaboration" with Israel. Three Palestinians were tried and found guilty. So does he put them in jail? Or does he do the predictable thing and order their deaths? This was his first chance to stand out from Arafat's shadow. He could show himself to be a true moderate, looking forward to democracy for a future state. What do you think he chose to do? Let's just say the term "firing squad" figures into the answer. Not a great sign for the future state... if you ask me.

Read the article in the Jerusalem Post by clicking here

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Marty, I don't think it's anything like that, LOL. But leave it to you to find a way to turn a post about Abu Mazen into a way to bring up something horrible we've done in Iraq. ;)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Esther said...

I'm with you, Gindy.

Marty, Marty, Marty..... I got your point. I just don't think it has anythihng to do with Abu Mazen and what Israel is facing in the peace agreements.

I suppose I should be grateful you put it in the PA post and not in my education one. ;)

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger MaxedOutMama said...

That is depressing. I suppose we can't know the real situation on the ground there, but this Abu Mazen is not coming off like an enlightened forward-looking man. As for Gindy's question, I wonder if it's not the triumph of hope over rationality.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Esther said...

MoM -- you got that right. I'm not impressed with him at all and it gets worse with each passing day's news reports.

patrick--don't forget calling Israel the Zionist Enemy. Gotta love that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home