Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Where You Go in a Handbasket

In case anyone was wondering if the folks in Berkeley had truly lost their minds, click here for the proof. If you didn't know, the carcass of bus #19, which was blown up in Jerusalem on Jan. 29, 2004 by a suicide bomber, was flown to Berkeley for a rally showing support for Israel. This was getting a lot of press (check out Naomi Ragen's site--hat tip to her for the link "here" above) because a local area rabbi, Rabbi Kelman, sent a note to his congregation to boycott the event. You have to read this report and see what has happened in my own country, the great USA -- never mind my own state! Way to go kids, our future -- you're scaring the crap out of me.

For more info about charming activities taking place at our lovely institutions of higher learning, especially Columbia University, check out Campus Watch.

I give thanks every day that I'm no longer in school.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

That is absolutely crazy. Where the heck was the MSM when this happened?

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Esther said...

You really gotta wonder, don't you?

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Tom Carter said...

Stuff like this is beyond ridiculous. I'm so strongly supportive of free speech that I wouldn't want them to be shut up as a matter of law. But why can't teaching children to hate and support violence be considered some kind of child abuse?

Maybe the best response to this kind of speech, for the adults, is a good, old-fashioned smack in the mouth. I know, violence begets violence and all that, but jeez....

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks Gindy.

Tom, I'm with you about free speech but sometimes it truly sucks. Isn't inciting violence against the law? If this didn't cross that line, it surely came close. I understand why people don't rip the cloths off of people's heads over in the Middle East (because those people are usually holding guns), but if someone over here wears that at a rally, I say walk over and unmask the freakin' coward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home