Saturday, July 29, 2006

Caught Drawing Breath While Being Jewish

And so it begins. A Muslim man breaks into the Seattle Jewish Federation, which only a week before hosted a pro-Israel rally, and shoots six women, killing 1, and among the wounded was a pregnant woman, all because he was 'angry' at Israel. The crime these women committed? Drawing breath while being Jewish. How dare they!

So how are the authorities in Washington State reacting? Apparently the local ADL has offered the courageous advice of telling Jews to not go to Shabbat services and stay in their homes. Can't imagine Abe Foxman is happy with that. And the police are now stepping up security at synagogues and mosques, the latter I'm not quite understanding why. Do they think the Jews will riot and attacks Muslims? Sounds like a waste of money and resources to me.

My fear? The anti-Semitic backlash is just beginning.

4 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

When I first heard about this atrocity in Seattle, the book Night popped into my mind. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I can't help it. It's the 1930s all over again.

Watch the media spin this story into something about mental illness.

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger L said...

Ghastly. AOW, you're right about the "mental illness" crap.

I am avoiding the British media as much as I can at the moment because the lies and distortion are scandalous.

Please visit Melanie Phillips' blog: http://www.melaniephillips.com/diary-new/

This woman is a hero.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rockmother,
Very good suggestion. I think Melanie Phillips is one of the smartest people writing about radical Islam I've ever read. In fact, I recently wrote her a "fan letter" of sorts and I got a lovely response that same day. I would just add that everybody should check out "Pallywood" on her blog. It's definitely an eye-opener.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

We had an avalanche of attacks on Jewish objects and temples here in Sydney.
And I wouldn't blame Norwegian albino skiers for these behaviour either.
Of course we shoudn't jump to any conclusions here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home