Monday, August 22, 2005

The Problem With Hollywood

Hat tip to my pal Ed. There is an incredibly brave article written by Robert J. Avrech about what it is like being an observant, well-educated Jew dealing with Hollywood's (including fellow Jews) power elite who don't have any clue about the threat we're facing from Islamic terrorists. I can vouch that this article is accurate to my experiences as well (not that I'm a writer, but still). And it probably explains why most of us have little use for anything Hollywood is producing at the moment.

9 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Tran Sient said...

He's pretty brave to come out of the closet. I wonder if he gets anymore work after that.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a brave man. I hope he will be able to find work after this.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Nobody wants to know the truth. It's easier to live lies.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Avrech said, "After handing in the first draft, I was told that the character of the Islamic suicide bomber was not acceptable. I was told that my portrayal was 'insensitive.'"

Didn't a similar thing happen with Fox-TV's series "24"? CAIR was behind the changes in "24," I believe. I wonder if CAIR is behind what happened with Avrech's script.

PS: Now that the storm at my blog is over, I'll be able to get by here more often.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

It's so refershing to have an honest view from inside.
(Avrech once emailed me complimenting me on a nostalgic blog post :) )

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger birdwoman said...

I had kinda wondered why there were no 9/11 movies.

(*)>

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Excellent article.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

If you get a chance RFonald Radosh has a new book on the subject of Hollywood leftism it is on deck.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

Good on 'im!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home