Sunday, May 15, 2005

Israeli Festival -- Postscript

As one can count on animals to mate, buds to flower, seasons to change or Senators to run over people to give a comment on the record, so too can you count on it being freaking hot on the day of the Israeli festival in Los Angeles. Doesn't matter if it's been mild for months. You know you will sweat to death as you walk down the pathways to visit with various merchants and organizations. Paid a nod of appreciation to my pals over at Volunteers for Israel. Stopped by both the ADL and AIPAC booths. Stopped by to say hi to my good friend who works at The Jewish Journal. I then went to a couple of artists and picked up a beautiful Mezuza for the house and a baby's prayer (hamsa), since my friends seem to be having kids like crazy. The highlight of the day was when the crowd went nuts as Israeli pop star Sarit Hadad took the stage. She was terrific! All in all, it was a terrific day.

9 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

I am very glad you had such a terrific day Esther.

Look what I've found here:
http://www.israel-music.com/sarit_hadad/

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Wow felis, had no idea she'd done so much!

gindy, friend works for, not writes. They get accused by both sides...."you're too liberal" or "you're too conservative." Funny, AIPAC gets those two complaints too. The art was nice but I've seen more/better at "Shop Israel" functions. This thing had a lot of organizations there...moreso than art.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think the hot weather gave things an authentic atmosphere. Kind of like Tel Aviv in August at high noon. It's torture.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Haha, Rory -- EXACTLY!!!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Don't complain about the summer weather until you've enjoyed the singular joy of a blazing hot and humid northeastern summer.

Patrick, over my lifetime I experienced about 27 of those, lol. That's okay, you can keep them. :)

By the way -- today was on the chilly side. ONE DAY later... couldn't have the festival today, now, could we? Sigh....

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Serious question do you get plauged with trolls for defending Israel. It happens to me but I use them for target practice.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting beakerkin! For the most part, I've been lucky. I got one recently who was pretty icky but that's about it. I'm sure more will come though. You probably have actual real traffic. ;) But I'm a big believer that quality is better than quantity -- and that I have.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting, muse! I really like your site.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

I have a few sarit haddad tapes, she's pretty good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home