Saturday, January 29, 2005

Weekend Reading

Tomorrow I'm headed to the rally where Jerusalem Bus # 19 will be on display. I promise to report back about it. In the meantime, here's a bit of interesting reading.

Intelligence squelched
By Melanie Phillips
"I had the misfortune to take part in a high-profile and packed debate in London in the 'Intelligence Squared' series. The motion was 'Zionism today is the real enemy of the Jews'. The motion was proposed by three Jews..."

[snip]

"This sport of Jew-baiting has now become the vogue among the British media, which uses Jews to unleash the most blatant untruths and vicious lies and libels about Israel so that the media can disavow any anti-Jewish prejudice, on the grounds that Jews cannot be anti-Jew. Alas, would that this were so."

Read the whole article here.

********************************
Hat tip to Naomi Ragen for this one, which shows yet another reason to find the UN worse than neutral -- but actually helpful towards terror:

Despite Israeli Alerts, U.N. Transfers Thousands to Hamas Affiliates
By Benny Avni - Special to the Sun
UNITED NATIONS - A United Nations agency transferred thousands of dollars to a Palestinian Arab charity affiliated with terrorism long after Israel warned of the terror connection, though the U.N. publicly claimed payments to the organization had stopped. Read more here.

7 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

There's a pro-Palestinian rally at Union Square in NYC a few Saturdays a month. I never go, it usually turns into a fight match bet. protestors and anti protestors.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Gindy, it's weird you couldn't post here. Hmm... The rally is at the Simon Wiesenthal Museum of Tolerance near Pico/Beverly Glen at 2pm. U in LA?

RW, I remember those back when I lived in NY. Yeah, can't say I didn't make sure to avoid those.

Marty, ain't that the truth.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Esther said...

You are cracking me up, Gindy. Yes, with the H...that was me. I'm back from the rally and getting ready to post about it. I'm sure the bus is probably on its way to Irvine (I believe they're having a rally tomorrow) by now though.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

E.H.? We share the same initials, but I have a middle name.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Small world! Makes me feel even more connected to Italy than I already do. I went six years ago, and I miss it so much. Greatest. Food. Period.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Oh totally. I thought it was very moving.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Whoa, that's some thread. Folks, you should check it out. Some serious fireworks over there, Gindy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home