Monday, February 07, 2005

PSAs -- Good or Bad?

The TV show 24 aired a public service announcement during the broadcast tonight, telling people something to the effect that Muslims, while depicted as terrorists in this program, aren't etc. Weird though was he didn't say he was Kiefer, rather he said, "Hi, I'm Jack Bauer from 24." Uh...huh.

Some funny comments seen around message boards: "They should do a PSA for black women" (cause the spy inside the counter terrorist organization is one); "they should do one about our agencies doing torture" (cause they did on an agent they thought was the spy); "do one for black men so they know that it's not true that if they sleep with a powerful black woman she'll stab them in the back" (which above black woman did); "they should do one to let people know Asians do exist, even though you don't see any as spies, terrorists, motorists, etc."; and one of my faves, "do they really think a PSA by Kiefer Sutherland will really stop someone from being a racist?!"

I'm not sure where I stand on the PSA.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger RomanWanderer said...

Well they probably had to add the PSA after they got so many comments before the program even aired.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Great post on CAIR, patrick. And terrific comment here, thank you! You too, RW. It sucks that Hollywood feels it has to cave in to CAIR's whining. I guess I do know how I feel about the PSA. It's just that I would hate for anyone to take out frustrations on an innocent person -- I just don't think that PSA will be what stops them. And I don't think 24 will be what sets a person off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home