Thursday, September 08, 2005

Red Panda Makes Aliyah

This being my official entry into the blogosphere, I though I would do a piece on one or the other of my favorite subjects: Israel and animals. But, now it looks as if I can get two for the price of one. A while back, I saw some of these little darlings at the Bronx Zoo in NYC, and if you've ever had the urge to keep a wild animal as a pet, this is definitely the one. One day I may go off on my rant about how Congress absolutely has to do something about banning the sale of wild animals to private individuals, but I'll leave that for another day. But, if anybody's planning to trip to Israel, the Biblical Zoo is something you really ought to see.

9 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Awesome one, Rory! A terrific choice for your maiden voyage. Love those little fella. :)

OK, so I went into the post and tweaked it a bit cause I don't want people to lose the Blogway when they click on a link. I was trying to figure out how to do it with your title linked, but I'm not quite sure how to do it that way.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

The Red Panda is in several zoos and they have a surplus in NYC. I think the Bronx zoo alone had eight and the Central Park one had about three.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Gindy said...

I never even heard of Red Pandas. It was probably a good trade.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Mark said...

It was probably a good trade.


Only if the Panda's a good relief pitcher.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Bozwell said...

Well done Rory and how cute!

Just another reason for me to visit there sometime.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Rory said...

Yeah, Esther. Isn't he just the cutest thing?

Beakerkin, I hadn't realized they had a surplus but that's good news.

Gindy, I think it probably was.

Mark, they're very dextrous because their paws are very much like little hands, so he might be a good relief pitcher, after all.

Thanks, Boswell. Anything I can do to encourage people to visit Israel. I hope you will some time.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Either no one got the joke or it was a lameass joke. I hate to think it was the latter! LOL

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger patrickafir said...

It's about time you shook up ye olde blogospheare, Rory! I think you and Esther will make a formidable, intriguing, and enlightening team!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Rory said...

Thanks, Patrick. I've been waiting for you. I wanted to surprise you because you've been encouraging me to do something like this for a long time. As you can see, Esther's blog gives me a chance to indulge two of my passions, so I think it should be fun.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home